Happy 2018! Some fun things that 2017 was full of:
- Workshops, and growing as a photographer
- New friends
- College graduates
- Moving out on my own, and starting a new job
- Love and laughter
Some things I learned about myself as a photographer in 2017:
- I love the details and intricacies of photographing hair; the movement it creates astounds me.
- It's extremely important to have faith in your abilities as a photographer, even when it feels like you maybe aren't creating your best work, there will be those who think it's the best they've ever seen.
-Shooting in the rain has become one of my favorite things (special thanks to Bethany and Mary Grace for being up for anything!).
- I became comfortable saying that my occupation is Photographer (!!!).
- A photo doesn't need to be perfectly crisp and in focus to be amazing; sometimes blur can make it even better.
- Realizing that I am still valid as a photographer even though I don't market myself to shoot weddings; hopefully more people in 2018 will realize that as well.
Here are some of my favorite photos from 2017, in no particular order. Thank you to all who trusted and chose me to photograph them this year, can't wait for what 2018 will bring!