Happy 2018! Some fun things that 2017 was full of:
- Workshops, and growing as a photographer
- New friends
- College graduates
- Moving out on my own, and starting a new job
- Love and laughter
Some things I learned about myself as a photographer in 2017:
- I love the details and intricacies of photographing hair; the movement it creates astounds me.
- It's extremely important to have faith in your abilities as a photographer, even when it feels like you maybe aren't creating your best work, there will be those who think it's the best they've ever seen.
-Shooting in the rain has become one of my favorite things (special thanks to Bethany and Mary Grace for being up for anything!).
- I became comfortable saying that my occupation is Photographer (!!!).
- A photo doesn't need to be perfectly crisp and in focus to be amazing; sometimes blur can make it even better.
- Realizing that I am still valid as a photographer even though I don't market myself to shoot weddings; hopefully more people in 2018 will realize that as well.